Here is a list of girl power songs that are wonderful to listen to if you're having a bad day, are feeling uninspired or are feeling victorious and want a good dance. I have included my personal favourites as well as some recommended to me.
1. Number one on the list is my go to song when I need a bit of girl power. Eurythmics - Sisters are doing it for themselves
2. Second is Helen Reddy's classic, I am woman.
3. A great song to remind you that out of adversity can come strength. Fighter - Christina Aguilera.
4. Would this even be a female empowerment song list without this hit? Run the world - Beyonce
5. Never doubt you can make a difference. Fight Song - Rachel Platten
6. A classic from the 60’s by the great Nancy Sinatra. These boots are made for walking
7. This choice may seem slightly unusual, but it has played such a big part in the way I’ve lived my life and I have adored it since I first heard it as a 3 year old. Climb every mountain from The Sound of Music - Peggy Wood
8. Sisters before misters! Wannabe - The Spice Girls
9. “This shit is bananas! B-a-n-a-n-a-s!” Holla-back girl - Gwen Steffani
10. Finishing our list is the amazing Aretha Franklin with her classic hit, Respect